Here we go again...

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Big Mac Attack

So I got a crack head crave for a Big Mac. I go to mc donalds drive thru and to my surprise the prices have gone way up! I'm like what the fuck! A # 1 is 6.99? $7! For a medium meal! Don't Ronald know our country is starving? We in a recession and he raising prices! Hell nah I can't get with that... So I order and eat my meal. I just won't be buying mcdonalds anymore. Not that I'm cheap, I'm just not Oprah and I don't have no arab money so I got to be smart about how I spend. Now this little incident got me to thinking about what its like to be a man during this financially stressed times. Average date, even a first date, dinner and a movie for 2, right. What's that cost? Dinner say T.G.I Fridays: $70 Easily! Movie 2 adult tix: $24 approx. And a full tank of gas because u never know: $30. So to leave your house for 1 night your looking at $124! And your not even guaranteed a happy ending! Now to me I expect nothing less from a man on a date, and I'm the bitch to want extras like a rose at dinner, and a soda and milk duds at the movies! Lol. So ladies taking into account the economic state should we relax our standards of a good night? Should we compromise? Such as split the bill at dinner, on a first date? Or pick up the movies tix? Or even go as far to accept and invitation to his bachelor pad for chinese and some old movie classics!? Usher said trade places... How many of us would take on the role of a man in these times and foot the bill? Maybe this is why I think fellas are starting to do pre-date interviews.... I mean I would too! Make sure honey is worth the money... Its not a bad idea if its done tastefully. Its only light conversation to see if there's a special connection worth entertaining. Fellas this does not mean its ok to ask a girl for sex or straight up say you want to sex her during casual talks/flirting! Read "On Demand" if your not clear.

1 comment:

Kwan Lee said...

It couldnt be said better. Now yall see what we go through....

My resolution to this problem: Movies on Jamaica Ave on Tuesday.
As far as food goes, at least it aint airport food. Best beleive though if me and my woman's meal will be $70, we're getting our money's worth! She's looking at the computer screen right now agreeing with me! You called us man and wife right?