Here we go again...

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Charity Case

Charity...
My girl says i keep picking up charity cases.... Whats a charity case? A charity case is a man that seems to show potential but not enough for some women to work with. I disagree with her. I don't pick up charity cases, I'm just attracted to a certain type of man. I like intelligent, educated men, men that respect women and themselves; men with ambition and goals, and dreams that don't included 50 cent or Jay-z. I like men that have a career or at least one in mind. I like men that don't have children and crazy ex-girlfriends, baggage free. Men that understand the essentials of a productive life and what a decent woman needs. Now with taste like that i cant date the typical rift- raff thats constantly laying in my way as i drive these NY street daily. I just think i have an eye for diamonds in the rough. I don't track through slums looking for love, lol, i just happen to notice the camouflaged guys. I see things that other women my age don't see. I'm not dazzled by a man with mad bling but a man with a pearly white smile can definitely catch my eye. I can easily spot a dude that blends into the crowd. I know how to spot a gentleman. There usually in the shadows taking it easy, not somewhere pouring champagne on models. Lol Through my own coming of age, i can see when there's a story that might be worth knowing or a man with potential, maybe he just needs a new wardrobe. I got that. I'm not perfect so I'm not looking for perfection, just someone that complements me well. I'm so over they broke P. Diddys of the world. You know the type, flashy guys that stand out in a crowd, the ones with all the “swagg”. Not that i don't like them, it's just that many of them don't try anymore. They feel that their gods gift to women and they don't have to offer a women anything more than sex and bubble gum and she should just be happy to show him off to her girlfriends. Thats just not cutting it for me. That worked for me when i was in middle school and high school and didn't know my self- worth but I'm a young lady now, and i have matured enough to know good looks don't sustain a promising relationship. Not that being physical attractive is now irrelevant, because looks are still a factor in my decision making process, but it just doesn't make or break a deal like it did before. My standards have gone way up, an the requirements for my attention have gotten more advanced. Im not trying to date for all eternity, i eventually would like a husband and a family. I've dated the Fabuloso's and Jiggas in the past, some of those relationships were good and some not so good, but when my heart got broken it took a so-called “lame” to fix it and thats what really opened my eyes to a whole other class of men. Since then i have been further exploring this class looking for a happy median of both worlds. These overlooked men deserve a second glance. It's just like shopping at Century 21 or DSW, in these discount designer stores you dont just look on the front shelves for a bargin, but you dig and look in the cracks for a real find! You know the last pair of designer jeans that someone else tried to hide till they come back.... Yes I've made the mistake of dating a dud or two, but i have also been lucky enough to date some very interesting and classy men. I guess its a trial and error kinda thing. That is the purpose of dating right? To find out what works best for you. So right now, at this point in my life, i love “charity cases”! Last time I checked God likes charity doers so either way I'm in the black with him( a little market talk for you). Lol .... And maybe if I do enough charity work he'll reward me with a well balanced man thats right for me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

im diggin the page and the posts tati....