Here we go again...

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sex and Therapy

Why is it that men make a conscious decision to do wrong? We say Stop! Think about it! Men Stop think.... and still screw up! I think there's a disconnection in the control center some where.
Is it that hard to do right. There are a few ways to make doing right just as easy as doing wrong. I think its called pure honesty. It works. Ofcourse there are some side effects to the method but if you commit to it, it can work for you... not trap you n a cold dark conner with a mirrow and a wine bottle called truth. Since when did it become custome for a curtain call to include moral rehabilition? It wasn't that long ago that we had to fight for the right to cuddle, now the flood gates are open and men want to not only talk our ears off, but they have the ordasity to want clarity. Is that fair? Just as we women find the courage to evolve with the times and find sexual liberation, emotional isolation, and pride in just gettin ours...they want more. When we wanted more, more wasnt on the table, more was a deal breaker. Things have definitely changed, but some things are still the same. The tables are appearently turning in our direction, but is this going to work? So we eventually take it there. Fireworks and promise in my head but that idea is shortly terminated with a badly timed confession. " I have a girlfriend". Are you kinding me... is it me or could he have kept that one to himself? Why did he feel it necessary to disclose that bit of information at that time? Could that be a sign of the exsistance of a conscious? So ofcourse i inquire as to why he would pursue me so intensely and lead me on to believe there was a genuin connection. But the answer is obvious and so tipical. You see this is what happens when you bring sand home from the beach ! But lucky for me i kept his name under the same file in which we met, Summer yummy. Ladies at the end of summer any left over man is purly a bonus! So the news that could have been a breath taking blow was merely an after thought in which i decided to have fun with. He went on to tell me about this girlfriend of his, and how he couldnt understand why he couldnt resist doing what he did, althought he was relatively sure that if she ever found out she would dump him and not take him back. I figured this moment of ramblin and soul searching was clearly for him seeing as how i didnt asked he to explain his self. He did say that when we met he was single and they recently got back together to imply he never lied to me. I could have cared less either way but what made him a must do for me was the fact that it was simply just unfinished business from MIA. I met Ryan while i was on vacation in the hook up capital of the world, Ryan served his only purpose in my life that night...thanks to emotional isolation and sexual liberation. But this is Brooklyn, N.Y and i could'nt help but feel a hint of dissapointment. The fact that he was still a character in this crazy soap i called my life after the summer open season only led me to begin actually liking him, and taking our time together more seriously. Day dreaming of having a promising relationship. Isnt that what we all strive for? We dont date just to kill time. A date is nothing more than an elaborate interview for a companion. Someone to fill the fulltime position. But Ryan was taken...or was he? He still wants to see me...Confused! I told him the solution to his problem of being attracted to me and liking her was honesty. And honestly he need to be single because he was obviously not ready to be in a commited relationship. Honesty equals happy...for atleast me.

No comments: